Map of the World

Map of the World
Our World

Friday, December 14, 2018

Hello Brothers and Sisters and Friends,
When any of my Facebook contacts is affected by a problem, I do get sad and turn to my Lord to ease that problem. Your ideology, religion, philosophy, color, race, creed, gender and sex, national origin, and religious and political affiliation does not matter to me. When you make progress of any kind, it places a smile on my face.
When Faisal Roble was awarded a Medal of Honor by the City of Los Angeles, I was ecstatically happy. When Stig Jarle Hansen reported that he was now a full Professor, I got thrilled
though I felt grief-stricken when his dad passed on. The professor har kjærlighet til somalier and that's why I admire his research papers. When Hassan AbukarHamse WarfaMohamoud GaildonAhmed Ismail Yusuf, and others authored books, I was overjoyed. The latest injection was Mohamed Gaas publication of his new book that rocketed me to cloud nine. I learned Professor Stig Jarle Hansen through Mohamed Gaas, PhD.
When Ali Sheikh, though younger than me in age but according to cultural norms is my grandfather, reverberates in international radios analyzing Horn Africa politics, I'm taken aback to the days of Herodotus and Thucydides, two Greco-Romans who set the stage for the oral history we cherish to this day. Another down-to-earth moderno fashionista and broadcaster is Jamal Ahmed Osman of the Voice of America - VOA Somali Service whose voice appeals to millions of audiences around the world. Hopefully, I'll approach him one day for a few "who died", 'Huudheey' or simply 'used clothes' to get rid of my tatterdemalion regalia.
I like Abddelkarim Hassan when he releases unexpected up to date news and analysis and how Minister Ahmed Hassan continuously shares with us poetic selections by tough and eloquent Somalis of the past and present. Diamond Bande is a great writer and a crowd puller whose writings are devoured by hundreds.
I hate to read or see my Facebook friends hurl expletives at each other because such exchanges hurt my inner soul.
Anyway, let me end up angry since half of what I was writing disappeared into thin air after I forgot to save it. Facebook must introduce automatic saving to help contributors to social media stay on course.

No comments:

Somalia's Beauty of the Past

  Somalia is a Horn of Africa nation bordering Ethiopia, Djibouti, Kenya and the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean and endowed with assortments o...